I haven’t blogged in ages, thanks to school. But, fear not! Today was the last day of the Winter semester, so I am free again until the middle of August!
I’ve been having a craving for banana bread for a while and decided to make it as a way to celebrate the end of the semester… and because I had some really ripe bananas sitting around. Plain old banana bread wasn’t enough though. I wanted to create something with more pizzazz, so I looked through the rest of my kitchen and I found shredded coconut in my pantry and coconut milk in the freezer. Then it came to me…
BANANA BREAD WITH COCONUT GLAZE!
The banana bread recipe I used was from Kylee Cooks, but I made some alterations. *And cue drum roll please…! * I made the coconut glaze myself which probably doesn’t seem like a huge accomplishment, but I am super afraid of making my own recipes. So, starting out with a simple glaze was a safe place to start.
So, without further ado…
Coconut Banana Bread
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3 mashed overripe bananas
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
shredded coconut for top of loaf
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In using a mixer (stand or electric), cream together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in one egg at a time (make sure well combined)
- Add in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Fold dry mixture into the wet. Now would be the time to add in the cinnamon, if desired.
- Pour batter into a greased bread tin.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of batter (as much or as little as desired).
- Bake at 325 for about an hour.
4-6 tablespoons coconut milk
1 drop imitation coconut flavoring
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- During the last 10 minutes of the bake time, combine coconut milk, coconut flavoring, and powdered sugar. If you want a thicker glaze just add more powdered sugar.
- Drizzle over cooled or warm loaf.
Hope you animals enjoy this bread as much as we do! 🙂 ♥